Saturday, June 8, 2013

Major Musa!

As we wrap up our time as an Olmsted family in Morocco, I simply cannot think of a better time to honor my husband.  Jamil, before we began this adventure overseas, you taught me that what unites us is far greater than what divided us.  That rang true as I looked across the room smiling at each of our friends who gathered to celebrate your promotion.  We, a very diverse and international crowd, were all united, united for you.  I was honored to see you pin on as a second lieutenant at the Air Force Academy, and I am bursting with pride to have been by your side during your accomplishes over the past 10 years.  You dreamed of becoming an Olmsted scholar even back then, and I can confidently say that you have embodied what General Olmsted dreamed of himself.  You are a one of a kind officer and an amazing man.  Congratulations, félicitations and I love you, je t'aime!
Thank you, merci, shukran to Col Bissonnette and his wife, Carla, for hosting us in their beautiful home, to all of our friends who gathered to support Jamil and our family during this special time, and to all of our family and friends who are celebrating with us from afar.  Also, thank you to the United States Air Force.
Check out how to make this cake here.  It was a huge hit!
Several of Jamil's classmates attended his ceremony and even pitched in for some Moroccan gifts that he will treasure for a long time.  More than anything, I know he treasures their friendship.  Saha!

No comments:

Post a Comment